Thursday, July 16, 2015

Have You Talked To Madness?

Art By Tellosnap

Madness was sweet.
Madness was kind.
Most of all madness was mine.

   
  I met madness and welcomed it. Madness was a friend that spoke sweet whispers into my mind. I never understood how madness found me, but I never questioned it either.  I embraced it and the things it said to me. On occasions I would speak back in the dark laying on the edge of my bed I would mumble how I wish madness could control everything I did and said.

  I allowed madness more room inside me, madness always was beside me. I can't explain the reason why I let madness dry my teary eyes. But I can say this, I've never felt so complete inside. As the years passed I would speak to my old friend in times of needs. When I was being bullied or picked on madness would come to me. There was a child who used to kick and hit me when I was 12, that child fell and never spoke normal again. Madness said it was because of him, but the teachers claimed I pushed the kids and when I spoke of Madness they looked at me like I was crazy.

  I never spoke of Madness by that name again, from then on out Mister Nothing or Mr.N was his name. When my friends would disappear I knew Mr. N took care of those who brought pain upon me. I sit here, now right about Mr. N while he scrapes at my eyes crying to be free, but I know he can never leave me. I just feel him more and more everyday he is stronger then anything I have ever seen.

  The other day Mr.N had me nail my hand to my lap, he said it would make me stronger. My mother didn't know how to react so she packed my bag and took me to a new home.

  Since living here I've learned new tricks. If you shove wires or metal into a socket and put it on your tongue you can really livin' up the place. It's quite fun. My bunk mate used to talk and say mean things but since he lost half his tongue he hasn't been talking much at lunch. We don't share a room anymore. They put me in my own. I must be doing really good because they told me this will now be my permanent home.

  So this will probably be my last letter Todd. But don't be scared I wont forget that I put you in the pond behind my house. I'm sure mom will still wonder what happened to you, but she still believes you ran away because you where scared of the new family. The police talked to me at my new home about you, but I ddin't tell them where you are hiding. I promise it's our secret now. But I know. I'm happy we adopted you.

Bye now.
~--N--~

0 comments:

Post a Comment